Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Graduations and the Like

I have been to a couple of graduation ceremonies this past week--and have another one on the schedule for this Friday.  Three grandchildren.  One finishing elementary school, one graduating from Middle School and one who is now a high school graduate.

I must admit having a grandchild now out of high school has made me very self-conscious about my age.  It seems like only yesterday, to use a cliché, when he was a newborn in New Jersey!  Now he towers over me by a good four inches (at least!)

Life is full of such markers.  Special occasions when we stop and notice the passage of time.  Birthdays, baptisms, confirmations, bar/bat mitzvahs, weddings, anniversaries, funerals.  Such occasions remind us just how precious a gift life is.  Especially when we get to share it with people we care about--young and old!

I don't know what your days ahead hold for you, but no doubt you've got one or two such occasions on your calendar as well.  Enjoy them!  And remember to offer God a word of thanks for those you celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment